A Word and Deed Ministry
- To organize, coordinate and encourage Diaconal ministries in Calvary Presbytery.
- To empower our Deacons to the work of ministry in their local church, in our Presbytery and in the PCA.
- To foster diaconal relationships and the sharing of “best practices” in our churches.
- To help local diaconates in developing local ministries in areas such as: homeless shelters, prisons/jails, poverty needs, senior adult needs, local pro life ministries, food kitchens, church security issues, etc.
- Dan Ratchford (Chairman)
- Cal Gilvin (Secretary)
- Allen Lohmann
- Will Zettler
- Doug Pinkham
- Bruce Piesch
- Ken Pujdak
- Larry Smith
Plans, Needs & Events
- Our goal is to have contacts with all 40+ of our churches. We have names from about 20 churches at this time. Our secondary goal is to have the churches divided into 4 regional teams and a phone network developed so we can quickly mobilize when needed.
- Our first organized focus is Disaster Relief. Our group is currently building two “Sheds of Hope” to be used to help families in disaster situations. We assembled 4 Sheds in Seneca this past April. If you would like to know more about Sheds of Hope, please contact us.
- Our greatest need at this moment is to find a location to place a storage unit to house our disaster trailers, our equipment and supplies. This will be our command center to organize all our deacons and volunteers. If any of our churches have a section of land that we might use, please let us know.
- We encourage our churches to get involved in disaster relief be going to the MNA website and learning how to build a Shed of Hope or fill Relief buckets or make hygiene kits.www.pcamna.org
Dan Ratchford is a TE at Smyrna PCA in Newberry and the designated contact for diaconal matters
Call (803) 960-6716 or email firstname.lastname@example.org